Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 6- Landscapes

 
 


A major part for capturing landscape is depth. The more depth contained in a landscape photo the more composition contained in the photograph. Trying to incorporate depth in my landscape photos, I tried to put myself on higher elevation so that I could see far out. However, I did not do that for all photos. I walked around until I spotted an area where I was able to see out beyond what was directly in front of me.  

For me, there was no trying to get "the perfect photo". Instead I tried to get the most composition. In the photos above you can that every photo has a different amount of composition and depth. Landscape for me means getting seeing/capturing the most length of land.

Settings on my camera also played a large role. For every one of these pictures I made sure that my camera remained on the "landscape" setting. Trying to use others made it blurry or discolored therefore it is also important to make sure that the camera is in the right/good mode for landscape.

Zooming was also significant in these photos. In order to display the depth, without distraction of close objects, it was important to zoom in on the part of the "land" that showed depth. Without zooming, it would have been difficult to recognize the depth because the close objects would have been so much more obvious. However, some close objects are good in contrast to show how far you actually are from the object(s) located farthest from you. (ex. the black and white photograph containing the road with mountains ahead of it) Like I previously stated, composition is very significant in landscape photos. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your guardrail shot, I like the way it draws your eye to the distance! I agree with you about perspective, it's all in how you "see" it.

    ReplyDelete