Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 13

Portraits

 These are my two favorite photos that I picked out of about twenty which I took of my friend Henry. I took portraits from different angles and different lighting (indoors and out). The two that I picked happened to be outside. The sunlight is much more brighter than lights indoors, making the photo, I think, to be more intense. I struggled to find the right pose or position to tell him to stand in, trying to make him look good. I found out that when I was just taking shots without him posing or noticing the camera, the photos seemed to have a bit more character. It makes the photos look more natural. Also, I had trouble with distortions which is shown in the top picture. Taking a picture from a higher angle than the person you are photographing makes them look shorter than their actual height. However, eventhough the first photo does not portray Henry as he really is, I still liked it. 
The lighting also is a problem in the first photo. People's eyes are drawn to light, and in the photo, Henry is in the shade, making him look less conspicuous. What I would do in order to fix this problem is use the dodge and burn tool on Photoshop. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job, I like the bird's eye perspective on the top image

    ReplyDelete